InvestorPlace once again offered up its 10 best stocks for the year with its annual stock pick contest, featuring 10 buy-and-hold plays from 10 market experts. The goal is to deliver outsized returns from Dec. 31, 2012 to Dec. 31, 2013 without trading in between.
In today’s podcast, Charles Sizemore of Sizemore Capital Management and Jeff Reeves of InvestorPlace talk about half of the picks and offer our personal take on the investments. On the whole we’re very bullish on the list for retirement portfolios… but we do handicap the short-term potential of each pick in terms of this “swing for the fences” contest where you’re trying for big gains in a horizon of just 12 months.
The picks we cover include:
- REIT Two Harbors (NYSE:$TWO) from Steve Freehill. Read his original recommendation here in “One Big Reason to Own TWO.”
- Emerging market bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA (NYSE:$KOF) from Jon Markman. Read his original recommendation here in “Quench Your Thirst for Growth With Femsa.”
- Paint giant Sherwin-Williams (NYSE:$SHW) from Louis Navellier. Read his original recommendation here in “Paint Your Portfolio Green With Sherwin-Williams.”
- River infrastructure play Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (NASDAQ:$GLDD). From Greg Harmon. Read his original recommendation here in “Great Upside for Great Lakes Dredge & Dock.”
- Automaker Daimler (PINK:$DDAIF), picked by Charles himself. Read his original recommendation here in “Daimler: Ride in Style in 2013.”
SUBSCRIBE to Sizemore Insights via e-mail today.