If something looks too good to be true, you can bet that it is. And nowhere is this truer than in the world of income investing. As investors, we are drawn to high yields like moths to a flame. […] Continue Reading…
Let me start with a confession: I hate variable annuities.
Hate is a strong word, so let me rephrase: I despise them with an unholy passion.
To be fair, not all annuity reps are snake oil salesmen, and there can […] Continue Reading…
Rumors broke last week that the high-end version of the Apple Watch—the Edition—would have an 18-karat-gold case and could cost $4,000 or more. Some rumors have the sales price closer to $10,000, or about on par with an entry-level […] Continue Reading…
Realty Income (O) reported fourth-quarter earnings on Tuesday, missing analyst funds from operations (“FFO”) estimates by a penny. Revenues came in at $248 million, actually beating analyst estimates of $230 million by a pretty wide margin.
And you know what? […] Continue Reading…
Here’s a little fact that will blow your mind. In Iran, you can get married for an hour and then divorced, no strings attached. It’s the sigheh, or “temporary marriage” (sometimes called the “pleasure marriage.”)
In a sigheh arrangement, the […] Continue Reading…
Charles Sizemore is the Chief Investment Officer of Sizemore Capital Management, a registered investment advisor based in Dallas serving individual families and institutions. (Read More)
- 3 High-Yield MLPs to Buy Amid the Crude Oil Rout August 26, 2015
- Looking Beyond the 60/40 Portfolio in an Era of Low Returns June 15, 2016
- Revisiting Icahn’s Apple Call After the Correction September 10, 2015
- Best Stocks for 2016: Energy Transfer Equity is Beaten Down and Ready to Rally December 30, 2015
- The 60/40 Portfolio Is Dead. Here Is Its Replacement January 12, 2016
- Take the Money and Run! 5 Stocks to Ditch November 12, 2015
- Thoughts on Kinder Morgan After the Barron’s Blast November 3, 2015