Carl Icahn is at it again. After successfully lobbying (some might say “bullying”) Apple (AAPL) into aggressively repurchasing its undervalued stock, Carl Icahn penned another open letter to Apple CEO Tim Cook advocating more of the same, to “accelerate […] Continue Reading…
The CAPM—the standard model upon which much of the investment industry is built—is “absurd,” according to University of Navarra Professor Pablo Fernandez, and its assumptions have “no basis in the real world.”
I am inclined to agree.
For those unversed in […] Continue Reading…
What do you do when your retirement portfolio comes up short of your retirement needs?
This is the question that Sanjiv Das, Seoyoung Kim and Meir Statman attempt to answer in their 2014 paper Coming Up Short: Managing Underfunded Portfolios […] Continue Reading…
The jobs report came in better than expected today, leading the usual barrage of speculation that the Fed will be tightening sooner rather than later.
Guess what? Not gonna happen.
I try to avoid Fed bashing. There is really nothing worse […] Continue Reading…
On Thursday, September 25, Derek Jeter will take the field at Yankee Stadium for the last time. A winner of five World Series and selected to the All-Star team fourteen times, he will be remembered as one of the […] Continue Reading…
Charles Sizemore is the Chief Investment Officer of Sizemore Capital Management, a registered investment advisor based in Dallas serving individual families and institutions. (Read More)
- Looking Beyond the 60/40 Portfolio in an Era of Low Returns June 15, 2016
- In Defense of Hedge Funds… June 14, 2016
- Why Dividends Matter June 9, 2016
- A Grumpy Old Man’s Guide to 401k Investing January 11, 2017
- Review: Quantitative Momentum November 23, 2016
- If You Insist on Investing in Gold, Here’s How to Do It September 15, 2016
- You Don’t Want To Beg Your Kids For Money September 14, 2016