The single most important lesson I’ve learned about being a successful investor is the need to maintain emotional detachment. Any feelings you may have towards a stock are unrequited. If you love a stock, it will not love you […] Continue Reading…
In the whiskey swilling days of my youth, I always preferred Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey to Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon. I was far from a whiskey connoisseur, but it just seemed to go down smoother.
Regrettably, I’m not as young […] Continue Reading…
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, ’twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parli’ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England’s […] Continue Reading…
In the first day of trading after Hurricane Sandy pounded New York, the S&P 500 had its best trading day in seven weeks.
I’m not one to assign a lot of significance to a single day’s trading, but I did […] Continue Reading…
Charles Sizemore is the Editor of Peak Income and Peak Profits and a contributing writer to The Rich Investor. As Dent Research's retirement expert, he specializes in income solutions. (Read More)
Most Popular on Sizemore Insights
- What to Read: The Best Financial Newspapers and Magazines 8,232 views
- Why You Shouldn’t Put ALL Your Money into an Index Fund 1,277 views
- Kinder Morgan: Filing Your Taxes After the KMP-KMI Merger 902 views
- The Next Ten Years of My Life 873 views
- About 821 views
- The Lesson to Learn From Bobby Axelrod 610 views
- Archives 565 views
- Is Sears the Next Berkshire Hathaway? 511 views
- Disclaimer 445 views
- John Law: Rake, Murderer, and Father of Central Banking 430 views